READ INFORMATION BELOW FOR YA SHORT STORY SUBMISSIONS. WE NO LONGER ACCEPT NOVEL EXCERPTS. WE DO NOT PUBLISH FLASH FICTION OR POETRY. WE PUBLISH YA FICTION ONLY. PROTAGONISTS NEED TO BE 14 TO 19 YEARS OLD.
Submissions are currently closed. Please do not send submissions during closed periods as they will be deleted. However, read below because we are opening the doors again, very soon!
OPEN (SUBMISSION) DOOR DAY: AUGUST 1, 2013
We will reopen the doors to submissions for volume 3 on August 1, 2013. Feedback sheets will not be issued for submissions on Open Door Day. Submissions must follow the guidelines below.
Submissions should be no more than 10,000 words (and even that’s pushing it).
Only one submission per author per issue. Also, we do accept submissions that are going out to other publications. However, please let us know this when you submit.
FORMATTING: Standard manuscript format is required, 12-point font (Times or Times New Roman), double-spaced with one-inch margins all around. Please put the page number, your last name, and title of entry in the top right corner of each page. Attachments are required and MUST be labeled with the title of your piece. Please send your work in a Microsoft Word document. NO PDFs. Please do not send your work in the body of your email. Send submissions to: suckerliterary at gmail dot com. Subject line in ALL CAPS: SUBMISSION.
YOU MUST INCLUDE A COVER EMAIL WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- A brief summary of your story/novel excerpt (3 sentences).
- If your piece is part of a larger body of work, include a few sentences about that.
- A brief bio (no more than forty words, please.).
- If your piece has been previously published, include the name of the publication and year.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK: Once you have properly formatted your submission, send it as an attachment to suckerliterary at gmail dot com
ABOUT YOUR SUBMISSION:
- Sucker is both a print and e-book literary magazine, and all authors retain FULL rights to their work. Multiple submissions are fine (and expected!). If your work has or will been featured elsewhere, please include that in your cover email with your piece.
- We currently do not pay our writers or staff members but hope to some day soon.
- Sucker‘s founding editor also happens to have a (several) day jobs and is a parent, so please be patient while we read your submissions. Expect a response within four months. Then you can start harassing us (and by us, I really mean me).
- Sucker will be increasing its staff and is always interested in talented writers and artists willing to assist (donate your time) with editing, layout, and design. Feel free to email us: suckerliterary at gmail dot com
- Sucker WILL NOT publish anything that is gratuitously violent, homophobic, or hateful. So don’t even try it.
If our editor sees potential in a piece, she will offer to mentor the writer through revisions. THIS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR PIECE WILL BE PUBLISHED. But it sure means that you are thisclose! Feel free to email us for more details: suckerliterary at gmail dot com.
- How you can help and other cool stuff (suckerliterarymagazine.wordpress.com)
- Cover Art Submissions (suckerliterarymagazine.wordpress.com)
- So how long will this all take? (suckerliterarymagazine.wordpress.com)
- June-deadline & Regular Writing Competitions (morgenbailey.wordpress.com)
- The Quest Initiative: Day 11 (gointothestory.blcklst.com)
- Submission Calls!!! (writeblogconnect.wordpress.com)
- Now accepting submissions! (frissonfiction.com)